Sunday 27 January 2013

All is Calm



Looking outside today, this is what the weather looked like for awhile.  It was so good to see the sun and the blue sky.  Didn't last long enough though.  Anyways, I noticed that the card I have been posting lately are blue.  I am not feeling 'blue' these days...guess it is my love of the blue distress inks and wanted to play with them.  I was playing along with the Featured Stamper challenge today at Splitcoast.
I stamped the winter image from Penny Black called Snowy Park with Memento black then embossed it.  Next, I rubbed on distress inks then, using my water pen, highlighted the trees.  Since the ink is water soluble, the water dilutes it making it look like snow on the trees.  I added the sentiment All is Calm and embossed it with clear.  I then used an embossing folder to create the bkg.
So glad you came by to take a look today.  Sure hope that maybe, you are enjoying sunny skies too.

Supplies:  stamps; Penny Black/ Distress inks/ eb folder Provo/ eb powder/ Memento black

11 comments:

Sue McRae said...

Love how this turned out.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for sharing how you did this, Karen! I love the way you made it look like snow on the trees!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--absolutely gorgeous card! Love everything here!

CherylQuilts said...

Karen, I love how this turned out! It's gorgeous, and the co,rod are wonderful! Really love the embossed background too...adds wonderful texture!! Hugs!

Cindy said...

Can you tell me what embossing folder you used? Love your card and that background is great.

Sally said...

Love this wonderful scene and how you created the snow on the trees. Absolutely beautiful!

shirley-bee said...

This is fabulous, Karen - looks like a photo. And I love the waffle background.

Chris Dring said...

My jaw is in my lap right now from gazing upon this stunning piece of Art! Thank you for sharing!

Elizabeth Allan said...

This is a card?! I thought I was taking a walk on a crisp clear morning through a beautiful park of trees! Gorgeous Karen!

Robin K. said...

This is stunning and very inspiring Karen!

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the dry embossing, what a beautiful pattern! Beautiful image!!!