Sunday 24 February 2013

Joyful

Joyful describes me mucking around and playing with my Distress inks again.  That is how I created this background for the Featured Stamper Challenge at Splitcoast today.  I applied my Distress ink pad directly to my non-stick pad and sprayed with water.  I ran my paper through the wet ink to make the bkg.  When it was dry, I stamped over it with a bkg. stamp.  I stamped the Bed of Roses background stamp in black Memento ink and cut out the roses.  I left them white to highlight them against the yellow, orange and greens.
Love my new sentiments from Paper Smooches too.  
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  Stamps; Penny Black, Paper Smooches, Wplus9/ Distress inks/ pop dots



9 comments:

Krisha said...

WOW great effect, it all came together to make a beautiful card.

Chris Dring said...

Gorgeous card! Love how your background came out! I'm gonna have to try that some time!

Unknown said...

I love the black and white roses over your color...what a stunning effect! The balance of your white space in the corner opposite your color and roses is perfect. Your subtle twine is a sweet addition. Such a lovely design and beautiful card!

Therese said...

I love this Karen! Love that background and genius just to have the flowers black and white!

Louise said...

Gorgeous Karen. The white roses really pop out.

joy said...

So pretty! Love the PS sentiment!

Dianne said...

Another stunner loooooove the background beautiful card, thanks for sharing....

Wida said...

I am in heaven with this card. PINNING!

Keke said...

So pretty!