Monday 24 June 2013

Sending Comfort


I have been working in my garden; way behind in that department and it is filled with ferns.  They have such an elegant nature to them so hence my card with ferns.  I am playing along with the FS challenge today at Splitcoast.
I stamped the ferns then embossed them with white.  I then applied Distress inks in different shades of green with my inking tool then splattered water onto my piece.  Added the sentiment from Printworks.
Will be back on Wednesday as I am hosting the One Layer Wednesday challenge.  It's a good one so I hope you will come back for a peek.  

Supplies:  stamps; Hero Arts, Printworks/ Distress inks/ white eb powder/ eb tool

8 comments:

Heather T said...

This design in gorgeous, Karen. The colours are beautifully blended and the water droplets create such an atmosphere.

Kanan Pandya said...

This is beautiful,Karen.Love the inking on background and embossing in white looks so pretty. :-)

Petti said...

I love this card!

Anonymous said...

I love the white embossing against the vibrant green, Karen ... so serene and calm ... the sentiment is a beauty! Anita :)

CherylQuilts said...

Karen, this is gorgeous...gorgeous! I love the embossing ferns and wonderful droplets, and the colors are beautiful and blended exquisitely! I LOVE it!! And the finishing touch is that wonderful verse!! Hugs, GF!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! Love the background with the white embossed fern!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful card. I love the white ferns against the green background, which is perfectly done! Lovely sentiment, too. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog. ;-)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous.
luv
Debby