Saturday 21 December 2013

Inspired by Birgit


Today at Splitcoast, we are being inspired by the wonderfully talented card maker Birgit Biggan.  Her gallery at Splitcoast and her blog are filled with jewels.  Here is the card of hers that inspired me:
I just got this new stamp set from Simon Says and couldn't wait to play with it....it reminds me of a cozy warm sweater.  I stamped the sentiment then masked it.  I then stamped the border and added the snowflake and the red pearls for a quick and easy card.
I am adding my card to the following challenges:
Simon Says - bling

Supplies:  stamps; SSS, Paper Smooches/ Memento red ink/ snowflake die; SSS/ red pearls

This card received this:







9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

I'm loving all the Nordic style stamps around this year! Great card, so festive, Jo x

Davi said...

Karen love the design of the stamp and the way you used it!! Made a beautiful CAS!! Fab job :)

Lin said...

Love your card today, Karen (but then, I love ALL your cards :)) Merry Christmas, Karen!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this stamped card!!! (Ummm..really love the stamp BIG TIME!) Will have to check out SSS!

Thanks so much for adding this wonderfully designed card to the CASology Card Gallery this week! So glad that during this busy time that you found some craft time and joined us! It means so very much to see all the lovely cards here, I JUST love that even though I am on vacatio, listening to Christmas Musak, that I can enjoy visiting all our CASology friends!!! Keep warm, and have a very merry Holidays this season!!!

Hope to see you next week too!

Heather T said...

This is very bright and beautiful, Karen. I think we are all inspired by Birgit! I love the look of red and crisp white.

Melissa said...

A cozy warm sweater, indeed! That's exactly what I thought of when I saw it over on the challenge blog gallery! :) Love this in red and white and the single snowflake is simply beautiful!
Thank you so much for joining us at CASology!

Joyce said...

Love this design--I am coming over for a closer look after seeing this card highlighted on CASology. Congrats.

Nonni said...

This is so beautiful! Congrats on your mention at CASology and Merry Christmas!

Carolin said...

Oh, I love this card! Usually I don't like diagonals on cards, but this one is an exeption.
Happy new year & thanks for joining us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!,
smiles
Mia