Tuesday 8 April 2014

Enjoy

 I love CAS and I guess I love 'grunge' too.  I think I really like the free flow of the grunge looking cards.  This card just came together in a jiffy.  
I am playing along with the CAS Challenge at Splitcoast; use dry embossing on your card.  For anyone who doesn't know what dry embossing is, you place your cardstock into an embossing folder and run it through a die-cutting machine like a Cuttlebug or Big Shot.  Embossing can also be done with a scoring  tool.  I am having problems with my camera so it may be hard to see but I added random embossing down the side.  It looks like little bubbles.  I did that by placing my cardstock in a Cuttlebug embossing folder and hitting it with a rubber mallet instead of running it through my machine.  By doing that, it gives a much more subtle, random impression I wanted.  I inked my stamps with Distress Ink and sprayed with water before stamping.  

I am adding my card to these challenges:




Less is More- COLOUR WEEK 166

Little Red Wagon- MASCULINE


Simon Says- BIRTHDAY

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Impression Obsession, Studio G, Inkadinkadoo, Mama Elephant/ Distress inks-Peeled Paint, Salty Ocean/ Cuttlebug Eb/ Rubber Mallet/ bl. Memento ink/ bl pearls



26 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Nobody does grungy CAS as well as you do! Love your card!

Cindy C. said...

That is one handsome looking CAS design!! Great masculine card Karen! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Beverley said...

CAS perfection & loving the 'clean' grunge style too :) Hugs Bev x

JanR said...

Wonderful card, Karen! Love the colours and the grunginess. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Chrissie said...

This is a really gorgeous card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

shirley-bee said...

I always love your clean/grungy cards!

Gabi MeWi said...

Gorgeous grunge...

Jingle said...

This looks awesome! Each stamp is perfectly placed! Great card! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, you are amazing with CAS, and I love the grunge too! You do everything so beautifully! And I agree with the sentiment - we definitely need to enjoy the small moments! Warm hugs, sweet friend!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Amazing CAS!!! Love the colors too!!! Thanks for linking up to Paper Crafting Challenges!!! I hope to see you again!!!

SD pooja said...

Lovely card !

Anni said...

This is a really great masculine card! Love the CAS style!
Anni

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous card, love the colors of it and the design.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love these grungy CAS cards, showing that you can have the best of both worlds. Great colors.

Craft-E-Place said...

Great card, I love the combination of grunge and CAS
Elaine

Dotty Jo said...

Fab card Karen, great mix of colours and images, Jo x

Linda Beeson said...

That is my favorite green, love it with that blue

Davi said...

Fabulous card Karen, I love the combo of stamps you used, has a wonderful sense of movement to it :)

Anke said...

Wonderful card, great design.

Anne said...

Love that grunge Karen!
Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More this week
Anne
LIM Designer

Julia Aston said...

Love this CAS grunge design Karen! I can just see those embossed dots - I'm sure it adds a lot of texture IRL!!

Gio said...

Wow, Karen! This iso amazing. It's one of the card I 'd like to be able to make. Simple and striking. Brilliant!

Heather T said...

Great colour scheme, Karen and beautifully balanced.

Skylark said...

Lovely design Karen, loving the CAS and the grunge! Stef

Viv said...

Fabulous as ever Karen :) Viv xx

Becca-expressions said...

Hi Karen, I wanted to let you know that I linked through to this card on my OWH VCMP blog post. If you're curious, you can view it here: http://becca-expressions.blogspot.com/2014/07/owh-vcmp-teen-time.html