Monday 19 May 2014

Father's Day


Today's card is a fun one.  We are enjoying a long wknd here in Canada so more time to play....yeah!
This am, I saw the challenges at Splitcoast so decided to combine them.  One had a water them and the other was to use the Embossing Folder Stamping technique on your card.  Well you all know how much I love having a new use for my embossing folders so I was off to make a card.  
(for those of you that want to see how it's done go HERE)
I began by cutting a circle mask and attached it to my cardstock.  I pressed my paper into the wet ink and then when I removed the mask, the imprinted circle was left.  I love the wet looking splashes of colour it leaves behind when the colours blend together.  It reminded me of a planet so I added the little robot from Birdie Brown and the sentiment for The Alley Way.
I think I will give this to my hubbie for Father's Day.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to CAS- OFF THE EDGE

CASology- SPLASH


Brown Sugar Challenge-FATHER'S DAY



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- digi, The Alley Way/ eb folder/ Distress ink/ Copic markers/ pop dots

13 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love this - great combination of these challenges! Happy Victoria Day - hope you've had a great long weekend!

Darnell said...

Hubbie will love this card, Karen! What a fantastic design! Thank you for the link and thank you for playing in the ATCAS Off the Edge challenge!! Have a great day! Hugs, Darnell

3kidmama said...

Love this card! You have convinced me to ink up my own embossing folders - today!

Gabby said...

Super cute F.D. card, Karen! Love all of Torico's designs. Your emb stamped bkgrd turned out nice, too. :)

Joyce said...

Wonderful card, and great technique to add a splash of color. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Shirley said...

How totally cute and love the sentiment that goes with him! A really fun card!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is such a cute card! I love the water color embossing folder background, but best of all is that saying! So fun!

cass said...

Wonderful card, love the sentiment, thanks for joining us at Berown Sugar this wqeek.

Lee-Anne said...

This just makes me smile...what a cute card, Karen! Your background is simply amazing!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card, i adore your robot and the fantastic background. Th sentiment really made me smile. Thanks so much for playing with us at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie

Sharna W. said...

So cute! I love the little robot & the colors.

Sally H said...

That's brilliant, Karen! What a great design! I bet he loves it!

Sandra (Sunny) said...

Ohhhh... such a cute robot *heart*

I have never heard of this rubber stamp company before - sometimes it seems that I don't live oversea but on the back side of the moon *sigh*

Really love your card.

Thanks for sharing.