Wednesday 18 June 2014

Mixed Media


Just me here playing again.  This was a very simple card to make although you may think it looks more difficult then it is.  
The front panel on this card was truly a leftover.  While working on another card, there was ink left on my non-stick craft sheet.  Instead of wiping it off with a baby wipe to clean it up, I grabbed my mini mister and sprayed it with water then I dragged my paper through the wet ink to reveal a mix of colours on my paper.  I heated up my glue gun then added some glue lines onto my panel and when cool, rubbed some blue paint over the lines to blend with the background.  
The card front was created by inking up my Hero Arts stamp with the same colours as my panel, spraying with a generous amount of water and stamping.   Lastly, I added some splatters of blue, stamped the sentiment from Mama Elephant and mounted it with pop dots.  


I am adding my card to these challenges:

CASology- CELEBRATE


Keep it Simple- SPLATTERS


Craft-Room Challenge- SUN, SAND, SURF (I used the colours of water, sand)







I so appreciate that you came by to take a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Mama Elephant, Hero Arts/ Distress inks/ glue gun/ black Memento ink/ pop dots/ paint

12 comments:

SD pooja said...

Awesome..fresh colors n intetesting textures..

shirley-bee said...

Mega-splatter! Love it :)

Anonymous said...

I love the style of all the cards you create! You do beautiful and inspiring work!
Kara

Zoechaos said...

Fantastic! love that you used the glue to add dimension and a special personal touch. thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow great ART!! Love your colours a lot!!!

Greetings
Maria

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is stunning, hugs Pops x x x

Susie said...

It is so beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

This is really cool Karen! I love the idea with the glue gun...you have given me an idea!
Lizy xx

Ardyth said...

What a cool effect! I love the colours - it looks like an underwater scene! So glad you joined us in our celebration at CASology this week!

Annie said...

Your card is fabulous......great to use leftovers too and with a stunning result.
Thank You for playing with us at Craft Room Challenge this fortnight
Hugs Annie x

OH Babs said...

I love your cards.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!! Thanks for playing at KIS!!! :)