Saturday 23 May 2015

Blue Watercolour


Happy Saturday!

This morning, I am playing along with the challenge at Splitcoast as we are being inspired by the Michael's Colours Pinterest board. 
Here is the board I chose:


I wanted to play with my new Penny Black stamp called Trumpet Song again, but this time I wanted to try and give it a 2-step stamping look.
 Here is what I did.  I began by inking my flowers with markers.  I used Memento and Crayola markers as they both blend with water.  I coloured directly onto the stamp then sprayed with water and stamped.
Then, to get the look of a 2-step stamp, I wiped the stamp off and coloured just the centers of the flowers with a grey marker and stamped right over the wet flowers.  I love the way they turned out!
The grey gave some definition and added more interest to the flowers.
Last, I stamped the sentiment from Sprinkles and Smiles to finish off my card.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES

Sister Act Card- ANYTHING GOES

Simply Papercrafts- ANYTHING GOES

Simply Create Too- KEEP IT SIMPLE


To all my American friends...hope you enjoy a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Memento and Crayola markers/ mini mister

15 comments:

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Karen! I do love your watercolouring effect! hugs and happy weekend :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is gorgeous! I just love this image and how you've made the most beautiful cards with it...you are amazing! And what a lovely sentiment that fits perfectly for a beautifully balanced and stunning card! Sigh! Hugs, dear friend!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh wow! You are on a roll with gorgeous works of art. I adore this one as well.

Becca Cruger said...

Oooooo! Beautiful!!! Love the watercolored, inky blooms! Just gorgeous!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow a really amazing artwork , I love it!!

Greetings
Maria

Pat said...

It's getting repetitive, but gorgeous is the adjective I came up with, too! Great idea of using both ink and crayon.

Craftychris said...

Beautiful! xxx

Bobby said...

I liked the red one, Karen, but adding the gray really changed the look of the flowers - in a good way. You are just so full of techniques and beautiful card ideas.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Karen and love the gray touches...definitely looks 2-step! Beautiful card! A must-CASE!

Deepti said...

So pretty! Looks like a painting :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Gorgeous watercolor card!!

Magic Flying Boots said...

Beautiful!!!

Nancy said...

So agree with Bobby! There is nothing you can't do! We really appreciate you joining us at Seize the Birthday!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the pretty watercolor flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

You are spot on with your faux two step stamping there. Your flowers looks so much like the ones in the inspiration photo. Gorgeous!