Sunday 17 May 2015

Cityscape


I just love having time to play and getting some new stamps can be very motivating.  
So, I was inspired by this new stamp I just bought from Technique Junkies and of course, my Brushos.

Here's what I did.  
I stamped the cityscape and embossed it with clear so it would resist the Brusho paint.  Then I started sprinkling away with some blue and a hint of green.  Sprayed on some water to activate the paint then let it all dry.  
Brusho paint can give a very intense looking background but some of the colour can be toned down or even removed by using Bleach.  That's what I did on my card.  I removed some of the ink using Bleach and a paint brush to highlight some of the building.
  
* Be sure to wash all stamps and brushes right after use with soap and water when using  bleach.*

I am adding my card to these challenges:
The Male Room- COLOURS

Brown Sugar- FATHER'S DAY

Simply Papercraft- ANYTHING GOES-CAS

Sister Act- ANYTHING GOES

As You Like It- FAVOURITE- LAND OR SEA
(I have to say that seeing the ocean is on my bucket list but so is going to 
N.Y. City.  This stamp is called NY so I thought it worked great for both.)


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.  
Your wonderfully kind and generous comments uplift me and inspire me. 

Supplies:  stamp- Technique Junkies/ bleach/ Brusho/ Memento bl ink/ clear eb powder/ heat tool/ paint brush

22 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I just saw this on SCS and had a "my jaw dropped" moment! This is absolutely stunning, and I love the technique and the beautiful color (one of my favorite shades of blue). Stunning, sweet friend. Know that I am NEVER disappointed when I visit with you here...hugs!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this. Been absent lately due to weather so I am glad I was able to check in again today.

Jan Castle said...

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!!! A great reminder of the Big Apple!
Paper Hugs,
JAN

Unknown said...

Great stamp, great card. Karen x

OH Babs said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for the tip about using bleach. I am still waiting for my Brusho order - I am biting at the bit.

Zoe said...

Fantastic card, great stamp xx Zoe xx

Bobby said...

The bleach added (subtracted) just the right touch, Karen. It's a beautiful, rather artsy card.

Anke said...

Fantastic Karen, so beautiful.

Davi said...

A stunning card Karen!! I love the cityscape :)

Sarn said...

This is BEAUTIFUL . . . I love it . . . I WANT that stamp! xxx

Bonnie said...

You are such a whiz with backgrounds, Karen! What a beautiful scene! Thanks for the tip about bleach. I've never tried it but should!

Lee-Anne said...

Love how you used the bleach with the Brushos, Karen...what a fabulous background. That NYC scene is so beautiful! Hoping you get to fulfill this bucket list wish...fingers crossed!

Ruby said...

Stunning Karen. Now that I see this stamp I would like to have one. It has cost me money visiting your blog. LOL I have got some bisters and now am searching the brushos. Thanks for the inspiration.

Annette said...

Wow, this is fabulous. Great image.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
Lili of the Valley,
Without Words Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the image and colour--thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
Carol DT x

Vicki Dutcher said...

A.MAZ.ING! LOVE that city scape and how you got it colored like you did -- Thanks for joining in at TMR~

karalschuknecht said...

Gorgeous Father's Day card, I love the background. Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at Brown Sugar Challenges. Karal DT

Sharon Fritchman said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! I love the city scale!! What a gorgeous card!

sue t. said...

Karen- this is awesome! What an unusual way to show case the color challenge at the Male Room! BRAVO!

Deborah Frings said...

Stunning card! I love this cityscape and the way you've used created the background. Great use of our colours. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

sarascloset said...

My Word, Karen! I LOVE this cityscape card! First the stamped image is lovely, but you have really put those Brushos to great use, and the use of bleach to remove some of the color is just genius! I am heading over to that follow button right now! I don't want to miss any more of this great art work!

Daria said...

I love cityscape images, and this is a wonderful one. Your card is great!