Saturday 9 May 2015

Embrace Happiness

Happy Saturday....do you want to 'embrace happiness'? 
 It is the weekend after all and a good time to play.

I am playing along with the challenge at Splitcoast which was themed May.  So we were asked to use the colours of May; Emerald and Sapphire.  Thought of my Brushos right away.

I wanted to make a collage style card since I haven't done one in a very long time. 
I took out my Frayed Burlap stencil from Ranger and laid it onto my 90 lb. watercolour paper.  Using a small Versamark cube, I randomly pressed it over my stencil just in the corner of my paper.  Removed the stencil then sprinkled on some white embossing powder and heat set.
I then went over that with grunge stamps from Papertrey Ink and embossed them with white too.
Took out my Brushos (a crystalized paint medium) and sprinkled it over my paper; sprayed with water and watched the magic happen.  
Last, I stamped and white embossed the sentiment from Penny Black onto a scrap of black cs. and pop dot mounted it over the background.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- LET'S GET SENTIMENTAL

Shopping Our Stash- BIG, BOLD and BEAUTIFUL


Just Us Girls- EMBOSSING

Use Your Stuff- EMBOSSING


Hope you have a great weekend.  I am so happy that Spring has finally arrived here in Ontario.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- PTI, PB/ stencil-Ranger/ wh eb powder/ heat tool/ Brusho/ mini mister

20 comments:

SD pooja said...

Amazing background ! The abstract colors and embossed pattern look very interesting !

Unknown said...

Another great card, love the sentiment. Karen x

Michelle Looi said...

Totally in love with your creation! Love the background!
Thanks for sharing at Use Your Stuff!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, the amazing effects you achieve with these Brushos, Karen! It's gorgeous! And I love them over the white embossing! Stunning, sweet friend! Happy Mother's Day! Hugs!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! You are getting so great at using the Brushos and I love the embossed area you did in the corner too. Such a marvelous card design.

Bonnie said...

Love the effect of the emboss resist with the Brushos! What beautiful colors!

Davi said...

Love that background and the resist gave great softness :)

Sandy S. said...

I had never heard of Brushos...what fun!

Chana Malkah said...

Love the "bold" use of color in this design! Thanks for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Lori said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors and that background is fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff!
Lori - UYSDT

Sarn said...

Absolutely BRILLIANT card and thanks for sharing how it was made. You've made me want to get my Brusho's and stencils out now!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Ina G said...

I love all your amazing backgrounds you create and this is just another beauty. Gorgeous colours and bold sentiment. Lovely to see you at Just us Girls this week. Thanks.

Loll said...

Love this card with the collage of embossed stenciling and beautiful brushos. They look so amazing together. xx

Bobby said...

Just another in a long line of wonderful Karen creations!

Teresa Kline said...

stunning background! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Nancy said...

Gorgeous background Karen! Thanks for joining us for our embossing week over at Just Us Girls!

Sari / Granne said...

Brilliant colourcombo and gorgeous textures. Fabulous make all together. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations 33th Sketch -challenge, hope to see you again.

Monika Reeck said...

AMAZING color combo and your background is really ADORABLE
but I didnt see the sketch from Stamplorations
but many thanks for joining us this time
so happy look your great BG
Hugs, Monika (GDT)

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool card!! Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wonderful! This is so cool!