Thursday 7 May 2015

Happy Smiles


Happy Smiles. That's what I am doing today.
I am the GD over at the Craft Stamper blog where the challenge this month is:

I got out my watercolour crayons for this one.  First, I wet my flower stamp from Unity with water and a paint brush.  You could just mist it with a spray but I wanted to be sure it was saturated with water.
I then coloured directly onto the stamp with 2 shades of blue, sprayed with water and stamped.  I sprayed with water to give a more blended, watercolour look to the flowers.
 When that was dry, I inked the edges of my card using Salty Ocean Distress ink.
I stamped the sentiment from Kaisercraft with black Memento ink and done.

I am also adding my card to these challenges:

 Little Red Wagon- DISTRESS INK

Simon Says- LET'S GET SENTIMENTAL

Crafty Creations- PHOTO INSPIRATION

The Sisterhood of Crafters- MONOCHROMATIC

Cardz for Guys- GARDENING


Thanks so much for coming by to take a look.
Hope you get a chance to play along with the Take a Stamp challenge.

Supplies:  stamps- Unity, Kaisercraft/ Distress ink/ Memento ink/ watercolour crayons/ mini mister/ inking tool


18 comments:

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Karen! This is such a stunning shade of blue, wow! Love the watercolour stamping, it's really effective with this stamp! Stunning! hugs :)

Darlene said...

Love your design ... awesome creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Monochromatic’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lin said...

There's those beautiful blues I love so much! Congrats on your GD today, Karen!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so stunning in every way. Love that sentiment too.

Cazro said...

Stunning, gorgeous colour choice, fits our challenge for Gardening perfectly. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Craftychris said...

Beautiful! xxx

shirley-bee said...

Another fabulous creation, Karen!! And it's great to have you as GD at Craft Stamper :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh so gorgeous, Karen! I know no one who does BLUE like you!! Hugs, sweet friend! This is stunning!

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous, happy to have you around!

Bonnie said...

Makes me smile ;) !

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, it made me smile. Karen x

Bobby said...

Is there any product you don't have, Karen? Bisters, brushos, and now watercolor crayons. And you know how to use them all, too. Fabulous card.

Glenda said...

I love what you have done here! Such a great technique and a lovely outcome! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood's 'Monochromatic' challenge!

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Karen, you've used fabulous techniques to create the beautiful image - a super design and colour combo!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Loll said...

LOVE!! Beautiful soft colours ... gorgeous Karen! xx

Tracy Penney said...

Karen this is so pretty. Love the blue. I always love seeing your gorgeous cards.

Joan said...

Fabulous card, love the all blue theme and the gorgeous stamping

Thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

Joan

Kimbo said...

Lovely watercolour effect and I love the colour.

Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x