Thursday 14 May 2015

Nature Emerges


Morning.
This is such an exciting time of year with all of nature emerging.  I love looking out the window and seeing colour.  I am feeling inspired this a.m. after seeing the challenge at Splitcoast which was called May flowers; use our flower stamps. 

I am having such a blast playing with my watercolour crayons so grabbed them and a flower stamp from Magenta and began colouring.  I have found by wetting my stamp first with water, then colouring with the crayons directly onto the stamp,  I get a great blended watercolour look when stamping.
This great sentiment from Serendipity was stamped with black Memento ink and done.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

 CAS on Sunday- CHEER UP


Inspiration Destination- ANYTHING GOES

City Crafter- FOCUS ON FLOWERS


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Magenta, Serendipity/ Memento bl ink/ watercolour crayons/ paint brush

18 comments:

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE it Karen!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!! Love that technique! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Unknown said...

Another beautiful card. I love the effect you get with the watercolour crayons. Karen

CherylQuilts said...

Ah, yes, nature is truly emerging now after a LONG and brutal winter! So glad you are seeing the weather change and flowers blooming! What a beautiful card, and I always love your designs and fabulous sentiments! This is particularly perfect for this card! Hugs, sweet friend!

Lisa Lara said...

Just love the look you achieved with your stamping Karen. Just love how your flowers turned out.

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Tanja said...

love your watercolor stamping - thanks for playing along at ATSM this week

Stella said...

A beauty in blue; and a gorgeous take on our theme. Such a lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful Karen. Gorgeous shade of blue.

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous flowers and I love that sentiment!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so very gorgeous. How do you find all the time to make so many beautiful cards. I must be slowing down in my old age! I am lucky if I do three a week these days.

Loll said...

Another beauty Karen. Will have to look into the watercolour crayons! :) xx

Zw@@n said...

Another stunning card, Karen! I love the colours. Thank you again for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Viv said...

What a beautiful card again Karen, loving the watercolour and the vibrant blue colour....just fabulous ;) Viv xx

Susan Powell said...

The fun you're having shows! Your card is awesome!!!

Bobby said...

I love that flower stamp, Karen.

cm said...

You've worked magic with this image and your watercolour crayons. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~c

Wei Wei said...

Very pretty card! Your watercolor stamping is amazing! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.