Saturday 2 May 2015

One of a Kind

Welcome to the weekend!
 So nice to have some extra time to play.

This morning at Splitcoast, we are being inspired by the Novica site with an added tribute to our Moms.  
My mom was such an amazing person.  She lived sharing her kindness, laughed as she treasured those precious moments with family and friends and loved deeply.  She was my best friend and I miss her so much everyday.
I chose these earrings as my inspiration.  They are so unique and beautiful, just like my mom; made from orchid petals.


To create my card, I placed a stencil from Prima along the side of my 90lb watercolour paper and applied some Gesso over that.  When dry, I sprinkled on some Brusho in blue and purple and then sprayed with water.  Brushos are a crystal paint medium that are activated by adding water.
I love how the colours emerged leaving a wonderful design behind as the Gesso acted as a resist.
I stamped the sentiment from Rubbernecker onto a piece of black cardstock with Versamark, then embossed it with white.

 I am adding my card to these challenges:

Little Red Wagon- 'B'ELIEVE IT
(blue of course)

Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES

Addicted to Stamps- MAKE YOUR MARK

Stamps and Stencils- ANYTHING GOES

Sister Act- ANYTHING GOES

 
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.  
Have a great weekend.

Supplies:  stamp- Rubbernecker/ Brusho/ stencil-Prima/ Gesso/ mini mister/ wh embossing powder/ Versamark ink

20 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

Gorgeous!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful color combination and a beautiful card too!

Unknown said...

Love the effect you created with the Gesso and Brushos. Karen x

Petti said...

Lovely card!

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is fabulous, Jo x

Craftychris said...

Stunning! xxx

Sally H said...

Wow, Karen! What a stunning card! I've not seen gesso and brushos before. I am definitely going to try this!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous water coloring, Karen! I love the rich colors...Stunning card! So sorry you no longer have your mom...I'll bet she would have loved this card!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Lisa Lara said...

you make the most exquisite designs Karen. Wow, look at that amazing background. WhooHoo.

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Karen.

Davi said...

Wow Karen you created a stunning background, looks like an explosion of blossoms :) Sorry you dont have your mom to share with Karen but Im sure she would be so proud of this card and all your creations!!

JanR said...

Gorgeous, Karen! The colours are lovely. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Shona Chambers said...

What a spectacular effect!! This is incredible and just love the colours you used and the contrast of the black sentiment tag. Always so happy to see you at ATSM!!

Kylie said...

Amazing effect and wonderful technique. I really need to try using the gesso with the stencil and then the brushos. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Loll said...

Really cool effect with the w/c paper, gesso and brushos. xx

Bobby said...

You are so proficient with these techniques, Karen. This is lovely.

Bonnie said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous technique! So far I haven't even mastered the Brushos!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen...wow...amazing color and design! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Ruth said...

What a fabulous background, just such a beautiful card, thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x

wienerhoneymooners said...

So inspiring!!