Saturday 30 May 2015

Vine Flowers

My favourite day of the week is here and I have a card to share.
I am addicted to using this new stamp from Penny Black called Trumpet Song.  
I love using it to create a watercoloured look to my cards just using markers.

This morning I was inspired by the inspiration challenge at Splitcoast and the Schweitzer Linen site.
Here is the set that inspired my card:


I stamped the flowers at the top of my card so I could leave the bottom white space and give more of a feel of a vine.  I coloured directly onto the stamp with Memento markers then sprayed with water and stamped.  I love the way the colours blend together.
I stamped the sentiment from the Penny Black set called Sprinkles and Smiles with black Memento ink.
 My card still needed something more so I added scoring lines to add interest and to help add balance to the overall design.


Adding my card to these challenges:

Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Addicted to CAS- ANYTHING GOES

Use Your Stuff- FLOWERS




Hope you have a super weekend and I SO! appreciate you coming by to take a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Memento markers/ Memento bl ink/ Scor-Pal

21 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Lovely card! The flowers are beautiful and I really like the interest added from the scored lines.

Dotty Jo said...

Another beautiful card! And I was delighted to see you in the Craft Stamper mag today - congratulations! Jo x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card as usual, the scored lines really add something. Karen x

Loll said...

Gorgeous watercolouring Karen. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Bonnie said...

Aah! Lovely!

Davi said...

WOW I LOVE this one Karen!! The flowers are so beautiful !

Kylie said...

Beautiful flowers and they are more gorgeous being watercoloured. Love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers and ATSM xx

Anni said...

What a stunner - so beautiful!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
Anni

sarascloset said...

Oh, I love this vine! what a beautiful card, and the scoring at the bottom just really finishes this off! Lovely!

Thank you for your recent visit to my blog, Karen! It is such a pleasure to read your comment about my April Tim Tag. I've had a look at your more recent (there are so MANY!) cards, and you really have this watercolor look nailed down. So a great compliment coming from YOU!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! this is beautiful, love the vine effect and the lovely bright happy feel.
Glad you liked my garden :) thanks for your visit.

Lin said...

This morning glory stamp is just luscious, Karen, and I love it in these colors, too! Great take on the inspiration! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, your inspiration photo is so beautiful, and you've really captured it in this card! It's stunning, and I love the colors you've used (although I may be missing blue...hehe!). Hope you are having a wonderful day! Hugs!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous watercolors! Like you card much better than those linens ;) - Thanks Karen, for playing with us at ATSM!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Just when I think you cannot top the last card you created, you continually surprise me. And this card is no exception. I just adore the upper flowers and vines with the bright colors you used on them. Your take on the inspirational photo is amazing. And, love the sentiment too with the lovely lines embossed around it. Thanks again for sharing your talents.

Bobby said...

You've done great things with that morning glory stamp, Karen. I love it in these colors and with that sentiment.

Pat said...

You certainly met the challenge with this beautiful stamping with the watercolor effect. The scored lines were a great addition and I hope to remember that idea for future use, I really like that sentiment, too. TFS

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A gorgeous card Karen, beautiful colours and stamping and I'm loving your photo inspiration.
Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATSM challenge

Lori said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! Love it! Thanks for playing along with our flower challenge this week at Use Your Stuff!
Lori - UYSDT

Gabi MeWi said...

Beautiful soft and elegant card and the photo is gorgeous too.

OttawaMom said...

Gorgeous watercolour blooms and I love that sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So bright and pretty. I just love the font of the greetings you have. They are perfect for whatever you are making at the time.