Monday 11 May 2015

Watercolour Birthday

Morning.
Here is a simple card I made using my watercolour crayons again.

I took out one of my favourite stamps from Penny Black called Hillflowers.  That stamp is super for colouring on or just using as a silhouette. 
For this card, I using my watercolour crayons.  Using a wide paint brush, I wet the stamp with water then coloured directly onto my stamp with various shades of blue and greens for the stems.  I gave a small spray of water over all and stamped onto my watercolour paper.  
I scribbled some crayon onto my non-stick craft sheet, sprayed with water and used that to add the paint splatters.  When that was all dry, I sponged the edges with Salty Ocean Distress ink.
The sentiment is so fun.  It is from the Sprinkles and Smiles set.  


I am adding my card to these challenges:

Little Red Wagon- DISTRESS IT

Simon Says- LET'S GET SENTIMENTAL

Come and Get It- GOT FLOWERS

CAS on Sunday- CHEER UP BUTTERCUP

Craft Stamper- ANYTHING GOES


Your visits and your comments are so very appreciated.
Thanks so very much!

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ watercolour crayons/ mini mister/ paint brush/ Memento bl ink/ Distress ink

20 comments:

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Karen!! I really love this watercolour effect! Do you have any tutorials on this technique? hugs :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, I must have a play with my watercolour crayons! Karen x

Verna Angerhofer said...

What stunning water colored flowers and you find the most wonderful big and bold sentiments for your cards too. I love your style!

Dana M said...

What a gorgeous card! Beautiful technique.

Craftychris said...

Beautiful card! xxx

Gabby said...

Beautiful card, Karen. LOVE all the water-colory blues. :) Nice work.

Teresa Kline said...

hello karen! stunning card! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Anonymous said...

This is stunning!!

Loll said...

So beautiful Karen. Love this technique ... and fabulous colours. xx

Bonnie said...

What beautiful shades of blue you've achieved, Karen! And the sentiment goes so perfectly!

Tracy Penney said...

Karen another beautiful card. Amazing. I just love all of the fabulous looks you are able to create. A work of art in each of your cards. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Little Red Wagon.

Zw@@n said...

Wow, gorgeous card, Karen. Very pretty colours. Thank you for joining us at CAs on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Anke said...

So beautiful, Karen.

Hugs
Anke

Deepti said...

So very beautiful, I like the shades of blue :)

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE the beautiful stamping ! Thanks for joining in the TIMI challenge at the Craft Stamper!
xxx Ellie xxx

Laurie said...

Very beautiful and you've encouraged me to give this technique a try. Thanks so much

Unknown said...

Love this water color card. Beautiful colors great design. Love the sentiment.

Bobby said...

Another beauty, Karen. The inking around the edges really finished off the card nicely.

My Paper Epiphany said...

This card makes me so happy - simple but stunning!

Linda said...

Beautiful card .... the colours are so pretty. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx