Monday 25 May 2015

Wildflowers

Morning.  A quick card this a.m. using some loose watercolouring.

I began by stamping the flowers from Stampin Up with black Memento ink.  To colour the flowers, I scribbled Memento markers onto my acrylic block and using a paint brush dipped in water, picked up the marker colour  to paint the flowers. 
I added some blue sponging around the edges for interest and stamped the sentiment.  

That's it.  Simple and easy.


Adding my card to these challenges:

CAS on Sunday- TIC TAC TOE
(birthday, male/female/ off the edge stamping)

Simply Create Too- KEEP IT SIMPLE

Brown Sugar- FAVOURITE COLOURS
(blues)

Showcase Your Style- FRIENDSHIP


Big thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Stampin Up, PSX/ Memento markers and ink/ acrylic block/ paint brush/ mini mister/ Distress ink/ ink applicator

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely card, the sponging really adds something. Karen x

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Karen! I love the shadowing around your flowers, really adds depth! Beautiful colours too! hugs :)

Zw@@n said...

Oh wow, stunning card, Karen. I love the flowers and the colours are very pretty. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Bobby said...

It'a amazing how well you make "loose" watercoloring look. Karen.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another gorgeous card design. I am loving the blues too!

Pam Sparks said...

gorgeous painting Karen! How did you keep the Memento Black ink from bleeding? TFS!

Becca Cruger said...

What a wistful, beautiful sentiment. And such a perfect pairing with those gorgeous watercolored blooms!!

CherylQuilts said...

Gorgeous flowers, Karen, and you know how much I LOVE your blue cards!! Hugs, sweet friend!

Karen Dunbrook said...

hi Pam....sometimes I clear emboss after stamping but I don't think I did that on this one. I find if I heat it a bit it is pretty good not to run.

Peanut said...

This is stunning, Karen! LOVE it!
hugs, Asha

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love your blues ... must remember I can use turquoise for the background.

Heather said...

Hi Karen, thanks for your lovely comment!! Your card is just gorgeous, a fabulous image and coloured it keeping it so loose beautifully!!

hugs
Heather xx

Ruby said...

Karen I love all the new cards since my last visit. I also ordered some brushos from Amazon. I was worried as I have never ordered from there but I guess it will be fine. I have been playing with the brushos. It is so much fun just to play because I have no control on how it is going to turn out. Thank you for inspiring me to just have fun.

Sue said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, Karen. Love this card, so very pretty. All your flower cards are stunning.

Hugs
Sue

alexandra s.m. said...

This is so beautiful and so artistic Karen!
I love it!!!

Ксения Phedra Ли said...

Karen, I like the look of watercolor flowers! It is one of my Fave techniques)

anja curvers said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining our tic,tac, toe over at CAS on sunday.

Lee-Anne said...

Stunning...love those flowers and your watercoloring!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is so soothing. Simply stunning!

Daria said...

It doesn't look simple; it looks fabulous! TFS. Daria