Friday 14 October 2016

It's The Season

 Morning and Happy Friday.
I am feeling happy as I have been able to get some Christmas cards done and ready for the holidays.

I love the way this card turned out, done in my favorite color of course.
I began by sponging Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and a bit of Tumbled Glass Distress inks over my card front.  Then I took my snowflake stencil from Simon Says, sprayed it with water and laid it over the Distress ink lifting some of the color and creating a 'ghosting' effect.
Next, I stamped the sentiment from My Favorite Things in the bottom corner with black Memento ink and heat embossed it with clear powder.  I die cut the snowflake from Cherry Lynn, glued it in place and added the blue gem to the center.  
To add to the snowy effect, I inked the sides of my card with Versamark ink and white heat embossed the edges and splattered with white acrylic paint.




 Adding my card to these challenges:

CAS Mix Up- STAMPING, GHOSTING AND CHOICE (splattering)

Simon Says- TOTALLY IRRESISTIBLE

Cardz for Galz- ONE DIE CUT 

Southern Girls- PUNCHES and DIES 

Thanks so much for the visit....I appreciate it so much.

Supplies:  stamps- MFT/ die- Cheery Lynn/ ink- Distress, Versamark, Memento/ stencil- SSS/ white eb powder/ heat tool/ inking tool/ blue gem




15 comments:

Viv said...

So gorgeous Karen, I love blues too! love the subtle stamping and that giant snowflake and pretty sentiment finishes it off so nicely too ;) Viv xx

Christine said...

Auch diese Karte ist wieder wunderschön, liebe Karen!
Liebe Grüße
Christine

Loll said...

Beautiful card Karen. Love the blend of colours and our ghosting of the large snowflake in the background. Inking the edges and heat embossing with white really looks like the card is edged in snow --- so cool!! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Susan said...

Beautiful ghosting with the snowflake stencil! Love the way you did the edges with the heat embossing! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Craftychris said...

Beautiful card! Love the background colours with the ghosting and the fabulous snowflake! xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gorgeous and I love the background and the lovely snowflake too. Great sentiment as well.

marilyn said...

I just love your artwork and enjoying following your blog! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creativity.

nancy littrell said...

OMG Karen...I LOVE your snowflake stencil ghosting over your gorgeous sponged background. Your die cut snowflake and gem are so pretty. I must remember to heat eb in white the edges of some of my winter cards. Such a beautiful wintery touch! TFS mf and joining us at CAS Mix UP. Hugs, Nancy

Chris said...

So beautiful, love the background and the fabulous snowflake! Thank you for sharing with the Southern Girls
Chris
x

Bobby said...

Very frosty looking with the ghosting and white embossing around the edges, Karen.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Nooo! No! It's not the season, please say it isn't. I'm not emotionally prepared for this!!?!

Your card is awesome... that edging really makes it. It reminds me of frosted windows on cold winter mornings.

maria's knutselplezier said...

Fantastic!!! So simple and beautiful!!!

Have fun!!
Maria

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful ghosted background, Karen! And that die cut snowflake is the perfect size to create a WOW card! Love the addition of the blue gem! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Donna said...

Love the soft edges and your pretty background. Gorgeous. X

Gayatri said...

LOVE the emboss resist on the edges. Great idea! Thank you so much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Totally Resistible Challenge. Gayatri xx