Sunday 5 March 2017

Birthday Bouquet


Meet today's card.
I am always inspired when I pick up a new stamp set and that is how this card came about. 
This sweet little set from Lawn Fawn is called Fab Flowers.

I seldom to never buy new inks but decided to try out some of the ones from Lawn Fawn now that they come in the little cubes.  I have to say that I was very happy with how well they stamped.

I began by placing the flowers inside my Misti.  Since this is a layering stamp set, I stamped with the lightest colour first then added the darker over the top placing my flowers randomly in the corner of my card.  Those inks gave really nice, bright coverage and were great to work with.
Next, I inked up the birthday sentiment from Stamping Bellas with Versamark ink and stamped it onto a black strip of cardstock and white heat embossed it.  I placed that over my bouquet using pop dots.
I added a few pearls for interest.



 Adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More- ANYTHING GOES

Time Out- LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP

Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES

The Crafter's Cafe- CAS


Have a great day and thanks so much for taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Lawn Fawn, Stamping Bella/ ink- LF, Versamark/ wh eb powder/ MISTI/ pearls/ heat tool

19 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful layered flower stamping, Karen! Love the vibrant colours!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful layered look. I love your awesome flowers!

Hannelie said...

LOVE this! so pretty!

Christine Alexander said...

love the bright colours perfect for spring.

creationsnz said...

Super CAS! Love what you've done here and those fab colours. SO glad you shared at the Crafters Café, CarolG

nancy littrell said...

Such a bright, cheerful and pretty springtime flower card, Karen. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Charlene said...

very cute!

Diana said...

Beautifull!!!

Greets
Diana's Creations

Lisa Lara said...

WOW, brilliant stamping Karen!

Aileen said...

Beautiful flowers Karren, very pretty stamp set. Love your design.

Pat said...

These LF flowers are just so bright and pretty Karen and I love the rather naive shapes to the flowers which are delightful. x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So fresh and lovely.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These flowers certainly are fab and fun and I love the way you placed them. Thanks so much for joining in the festivities at Time Out!

Loll said...

Your layered flowers are so bright and fun Karen. xx

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

What a stunner!!! The colors are fantastic and the composition is great. Thank you for joining us at ATSM!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such pretty colours, those flowers are awesome.
Faith
x

Donna said...

So vibrant, Karen. Pretty. X

Hester said...

gorgeous, love the colours
Thank you for sharing with us at The Crafter’s Cafe and best of luck with your entry
Hester

Lynn said...

The inks and your stamping are absolutely gorgeous. Love the vibrant colors.

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!