Friday 24 March 2017

In the Forest

Good Morning.

I've been super busy so was happy to be able to get a card made using this great stamp from Hero Arts.  Super simple to create the look with this stamp.

I began by colouring directly onto the stamp using my Zig markers.  I gave it a good spray with my mister and stamped.  I took some addition ink and a wet paintbrush and moved some of the colour around being sure not to cover up the white tree areas.
I set that aside to dry and cut the stitched frame from a piece of heavy white cardstock.
I mounted the piece behind the frame and pop dotted that over a piece of coloured cardstock.

* I have been asked a few times what kind of cardstock I use.  My go to is a heavy 120lb paper that I get in bulk from my local Scrapbooking store.  It is ok for doing some stamping applications as long as there is not too much water involved.  I find if I add too much water, the paper will pile up.
Hope that helps.
 


Adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More- CLEAN AND SIMPLE

As You Like It- FAV COLOURING MEDIUM
(I love to watercolour and using my Zig markers, I can colour or add water 
and use them to watercolour with.)


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Have a great day!

Supplies:  stamp- HA/ Zig markers/ TH Mister/ paintbrush/ stitched die- Memory Box/ pop dots

19 comments:

Pat said...

These trees and the prettily coloured background look fabulous here Karen, and the stitched frame and coloured background mat show the scene off beautifully. x

RitaR said...

I love your Zig Marker coloring technique .... I tried it with a stamp I've had for ages and just didn't know what to do with it. LOL Thank you for sharing this easy, but oh so effective, technique.

wannabcre8tive said...

I saw this beautiful card on SCS. I just had to come over to see how you made it. I love the bright colors. Thanks, for the details.

Ellibelle said...

It's beautiful, Karen. Loving the gorgeous colors!

Bonnie said...

Oh, I love this, Karen! Beautiful mix of colors and movement!

Susan said...

Glorious blend of colours, Karen. Great job colouring right onto the stamp with the Zigs!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome look and magnificent background.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous forest scene Karen. I love how you watercoloured using your Zigs. The background for your trees is so beautiful. TFS what you use for your thick CS. I use SU Whisper White Thick for my card base. It is only 100#, but still works well. What WC paper did you use for your watercoloured main image? TFS my friend. Hugs..

Barb said...

This really is very beautiful Karen. I love the white embossing on that pretty background. Barbxx

Loll said...

Beautiful colours in your sky, Karen. And what a gorgeous forest stamp. So great that you found some time to play. :) I know how busy the past two weeks have been with all your kiddies. xx

Craftychris said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous colours with the lovely white trees. Fabulous frame too! xxx

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is exquisite Karen. I just love the frame and beautiful cornflower mat!

Christine Alexander said...

awesome, love the gradation of colour, it may be a simple technique but this is a stunning card :)

SewPaperPaint said...

Stunning inking and great stamp! Hugs, Autumn

Zw@@n said...

Wow, gorgeous card, Karen. Lovely colours and image. Thanks for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Peanut said...

What a pretty project, Karen! Gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! that's all that needs to be said.
Faith
x

Deborah Frings said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with our Wood stash challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

Donna said...

Love the hints of purple. Great job. x