Saturday 29 September 2012

Botanical Print


Welcome to the weekend.  So happy I have time to play along with the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast today.  I took my inspiration from a Botanical Print. 
I just love this stamp from Penny Black...so easy to work with.  I started by rubbing Distress ink onto a honeycomb mask from the Crafter's Workshop then stamped the hillflowers and the sentiment.  Finally I rubbed some more ink on the edges to add the distressing.
Hope you get time to do something you love to do today.  I find this time of year to be so inspiring.
Thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps: Penny Black; hillflowers; smiling / Crafter's workshop/ Distress Inks/ twine

If you are looking for the OLW this week you can find it HERE.

5 comments:

Ardyth said...

I just love what you're doing with these masks - definitely have to look into them!

Kim said...

Love!!!

sandie said...

Love the distress background against the strong black stamp

shirley-bee said...

Lovely card, Karen.

Tiffany said...

Really pretty! I especially like the mask with the distress inks. It is pretty but also distressed and it is such a great balance you have achieved!