Tuesday 16 October 2012

Harvest


Here is a card I made for two challenges at Splitcoast.  The CAS challenge was a theme, "Harvest" and the TLC challenge was to use the acrylic block technique.  When I hear harvest time I think of all the warm, rich colours of Autumn.  So here is what I did.  I took my acrylic block, the one that you put your unmounted stamps onto for stamping and inked it up with Distress inks.  I sprayed with water then stamped onto my card base twice.  Since Distress inks are water soluble, the colours blend together so nicely.  When it was dry, I stamped my Hillflowers from Penny Black and the sentiment from Paper Smooches.
Thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps: Penny Black, hillflowers, Paper Smooches/ Distress ink/ Memento bl/ pop dots/ mix and match papers

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

Lovely rich harvesty colours - a perfect card for both the challenges!

Tiffany said...

This card is gorgeous! I haven't heard of this technique before and now I have to try it. I really love the highly saturated colors onthe background and the sillhouette stamp n

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card, Karen. I like how you left white space between the blocks, and that wide strip at the right, it emphasises the intensity of the colours (and the black).

Tracey said...

Gorgeous Karen! Your cards are amazing!

Donna Huisinga said...

Love this technique! I must try it.

Bonnie said...

This is so beautiful, Karen! I've got to go try it!

Heather T said...

Gorgeous, Karen. The rich golden tones are so warm and friendly.

joy said...

Love this! The autumn colors are so pretty. Great card.