Saturday 10 November 2012

Whimsical Christmas


I am really surprising myself lately as I never get Christmas cards done this soon in the year.  The Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast today helped me feel inspired to create this card. 
Here is the inspiration piece:


This tree brought back childhood memories for me as when I was very little, my mom got a silver tree.  They were very in style back then. 
The trees were created using a diecut from Simon Says and the sentiment is from Paper Smooches.  The bkg. is sprayed with Mr. Huey's mists and sponged with Distress inks.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps; Paper Smooches/ diecut trees/ Distress inks/ jewel

5 comments:

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous - you get such great backgrounds with those mists! Love how the trees seem to glow!

Carla said...

I love this card so much! What a beautiful background with the blues and greens and the cute little sentiment. Love it! I'm your newest follower!
Carla

sandie said...

oh but there is nothing like a real tree! I love that misting and sponging. I had a go at misting the other day but it didn't look like this!!

joy said...

Really nice card - your spray misting is so pretty. And, I love that tree die; I've seen several great cards using it.

Louise (Mamilou) said...

Your background are amazing Karen. I keep wanting to try but as I am sure I would make a mess I better get some paper to protect my desk first. LOL