Saturday 5 January 2013

Embrace Winter

Good morning....hope you have all recovered from the Christmas rush and ringing in the New Year. 
I have had such a busy week, so glad I had time to play along with a few of the challenges today.  I made this card by masking an oval, stamping the sleigh image from Serendipity Stamps, then sponged on Distress ink.  I coloured the sleigh using Copic markers, then added the piercing to define the scene.  The sentiment is from Penny Black.  By leaving the bkg. neutral, I think the sled really shines through.
I am playing along with the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast; Serendipity Winter Birthday challenge (made this for a friend's birthday coming up) and the CASology 'NEW' challenge (this is a new stamp I got just before Christmas).
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.  Have a great weekend.

Supplies:  stamps; Penny Black, Serendipity Stamps/ Copics/ Distress ink/ Memento black/ twine/ piercing tool

18 comments:

Audrey Hiltke said...

Wow Karen - I agree, this beautiful sled really stands out!! Love the simple frame and paper piercing - beautifully done!
Hugs,
Audrey

Meghan said...

I agree, the neutral background makes the sled pop! Great masking job! Thanks for joining in on the fun at CASology this week!

Kim Heggins said...

Karen, wow you really made your sled so beautiful. I love all of the wonderful detail in your card and it makes a sweet birthday for a friend.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic framing with the colour and piercing, Karen, and I love that the twine picks up the cord on the sled! Anita :)

Helen Berry said...

Wow, just gorgeous Karen - love that sled and the way you created the wonderful frame! Thanks so much for joining us for the Serendipity stamps blog challenge :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Karen your sled looks so authentic! Beautiful card.

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous masking and inking! Thanks for playing along with CAsology this week!

Marybeth said...

Karen I love the way you colored the sled and the distressed oval with dots. Great idea to make this a ...thinking of you card! Beautiful ,Karen and thank you for playing in the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!

Ardyth said...

This is so beautiful - I love the rustic looking sled and the colours you chose are perfect for the image. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, karen... the masking is amazing and really does make the central image shine!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Karen - this is one of my favorite SS images - so nostalgic and reminds me of good times as a kid! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the piercing - it really makes this extra special!

Cathy Weber said...

You have made me want to break out my sled stamp Karen! What beautiful shading you have done...and I really like the piercing you did around the oval...absolutely perfectly done! How neat that you could use this beautiful card for three challenges!

Judy1223 said...

Karen, I had to do a double-take to realize this was done by masking! Such beautiful depth and colors on your card, I love this sweet scene! So glad you got to play with your new stamp this week for CASology's challenge!

Unknown said...

Beautiful birthday card!

Ali Manning said...

What a stunning card!

Jenny Gropp said...

So clean and crisp---- absolutely LOVELY!

Emily Leiphart said...

Happy New Year, Karen! I hope 2013 is good to you and your family! I love this beautiful, clean and simple design.

Carol P said...

Karen, congratulations on your beautiful card design - so glad to see your was chosen- it's wonderful!
Carol Parker