Monday 5 August 2013

Write on Your Heart


Hi and I am back playing along with a few challenges.  Addicted to CAS- summer challenge; FS at Splitcoast and the Simon Says- Anything Goes Challenge.
I wanted a simple backdrop for my Penny Black butterfly so I told my yellow Distress ink pad (Squeezed Lemonade) and just rubbed it down the front of my cardstock.  I rubbed the ink pad onto my acrylic block then added water to it so I could use it as paint to splatter my card front.  I coloured the butterfly with Copics then cut it out and mounted it with pop dots and added the sentiment.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look....I truly appreciate it!

Supplies:  stamps; Penny Black/ Distress inks/ Copic markers/ pop dots

17 comments:

Susie said...

Wonderful design work. Beautiful card.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I just love the strip of yellow that you created for the background of the butterfly! What a great idea!

Gabby said...

Great card! Fantastic colors. Love my Fresh Lemonade pad. Check out today's SC CAS. I think this card would "fit" the challenge nicely. :)

Sue said...

Wow, Karen, gorgeous butterfly and lovely summery colours. Love the sentiment too.

Anonymous said...

a clean and simple card...and so beautiful!
Heide

Darnell said...

This is so striking, Karen, showcasing your brilliant butterfly against that bright lemon paint swatch!! Awesome sediment, too!!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

So wonderful, the 2 contrast colors make an amazing effect.
Hugs Anja

joy said...

Stunning card, Karen! Love the beautiful, bright colors you achieved!

Greta said...

I came from Flickr to see how you did this. Can't believe you just used the ink pad like that--love it!

Pat Jandacek said...

Very striking/beautiful.

Lin said...

Your blue and yellow are beautiful together, Karen, and I love that sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Wednesday challenge!

Kanan Pandya said...

So beautiful, Karen. Love the artistic look of your card. Lovely sentiment too. :-)

francesca said...

this card is beautiful!!sweet sentiment!!:)
i have a blog too! come and enyoy all my posts if you want!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card-I love how your pretty butterfly stands out against the lemon background :)
Nessa xx

Kylie said...

Love that bright yellow background and what a clever way to create paint splats!! Love this card!!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

WOW!! Such a Neat Design!
Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello! : )

Patrice said...

Your card SCREAMS summer!!! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-232.html