Friday 7 March 2014

Spring Blessings


Happy Friday.  I think many of us are longing for Spring to arrive so when I saw the challenge at Splitcoast this am (use blue and yellow), I wanted to make a card for Spring.  
I began my card by getting out my April Showers stamp set from Penny Black.  Next, I masked  the strip on my card front and sponged on Salty Ocean Distress ink.  I stamped the raindrops from the set with water which left a great wet, rainy impression.  
The polaroid frame was cut using Spellbinders dies then I backed it with some gingham paper...nice and Springy feeling.  The umbrella was stamped, coloured with Copic markers and pop dotted onto the handle.

Adding my card to the Simply Create Too Challenge- SHOP YOUR STASH

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look and have a great weekend.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Distress inks/ Spellbinder dies/ Copic markers/ pop dots/ twine

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Oh I love this card...have a great weekend!

Cheryl First said...

What a beautiful color combination! Blue and yellow just happens to be my favorite combo. :) I hope the sun is shining through your windows, and the spring song birds visiting you soon!

Erica said...

This is beautiful. I am so loving your color choices.
Thank you playing with us at Simply Create Too in our 56th challenge..."Use Your Stash".
Join us again soon.
Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

alexandra s.m. said...

Brilliant how you have designed this card Karen!
Love it!!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Karen: Your CAS card is very pretty! Glad you joined our “Use Your Stash Challenge #56″. Hope you come by this upcoming Friday for our new challenge at Simply Create Too also.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com