Sunday 9 March 2014

Wonderful You

The weekend goes by so fast and I need more time to play!  I am glad that I had time to make a card today.  I love playing with my inks and just having fun.  That's how this card came about and I was inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast.  
I started off by using a stencil and watercolouring over it with Salty Ocean Distress ink.  I then finished the sides and the bottom with more stamps, water and Distress ink sprayed with water.  The skateboarder from Flonz is stamped with Memento Black ink.  To get a really dark image, I stamped the image twice.  To get it in the perfect position, I used my Stamp-a-ma Jig.  The sentiment from Hero Arts was added to the side.  

Also adding my card to these challenges:
Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES
Hero Arts Birthday Challenge- ANYTHING GOES
Virginia's View Challenge- WATERCOLOURING

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  Stamps- Flonz, Hero Arts, Impression Obsession/ Memento bl ink/ Distress ink, Salty Ocean, Broken China/ twine


8 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Your stamped image is truly awesome with the water-coloring on a stencil, Karenl! I love that bright color and shades! Thanks SO much for linking up to Virginia's View Challenge!

Cathy said...

Fantastic card Karen, love the stencilled background, it looks great paired with the skateboarder, Cathy x

Colleen said...

Oh WOW, you did a great job with the stencil background...and it is perfect for that skateboarder! I love the silhouette of him. Thank you so much for linking it up to Seize the Birthday!

Glenda J said...

This is so fun! What a bold CAS design. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

Unknown said...

LOVE the grunge and skateboarder, what a great boy card!

Viv said...

Another stunner Karen, you make it look so easy too :) Viv xx

Jennifer said...

Very cool card!

Neha Bhatt said...

love this background....stunning!