Tuesday 3 June 2014

Birthday Fun


I'm back with a card that was just fun to make.  I was inspired by the CAS CHALLENGE yesterday at Splitcoast.  This card is a 2-layer and very easy to mail.
I wanted to show how to get more from your acrylic stamps by using both sides of the stamp.  I inked up the BACK of the stamp with Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserves Distress ink then sprayed with water and stamped randomly on my cardstock.  When it was dry, I turned my stamp over to the FRONT scribble image and stamped, filling in the inked shapes.  I added the birthday greeting and the twine when all was dry.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES


Brown Sugar- BIRTHDAY


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- PTI/ Distress inks/ pop dots/ twine/ bl Memento ink

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I love Circle Scribbles. What a fun card!!

Ardyth said...

Great use of those deep rich colours!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, what a fun card! I just love all the beautiful shades of blue! I love it and really love the twine to finish it off! Another beautiful CAS, sweet friend! Hugs!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love it! I love what you do with this stamp set.

Davi said...

This is so very cool, it as this amazing sense of depth to it, I really like it :)