Thursday 9 July 2015

Graphic Grid


Morning.  
Playing along with the Splitcoast Challenge this am called Grids and Tiles.  Thought of this stencil I recently bought and haven't really used, so I was off to ink.


I began by laying my stencil over my paper and then using one of the new Distress ink colours called Cracked Pistachio and an inking tool, I rubbed the ink over the whole stencil.  Leaving the stencil in place, I took some circle stamps (and a pencil with an eraser on the end for the smallest circles) inked them up and stamped over the stencil.  I love that the addition of the circles added depth to the background and it made for a happy, bright background when I removed the stencil.
 Lastly, I inked the sentiment from Hero Arts with black Memento ink and stamped it in the corner.
 Stamping over your stencils is a great technique to get more mileage from your collection. 
I think this would make a great card for a guy.

 Adding my card to these challenges:

Little Red Wagon- BIRTHDAY THEME

CASology- REPEAT

The Male Room- SONG TITLE

Through the Craft Room Door- ANYTHING GOES

Use Your Stuff- ANYTHING GOES



Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies: stamp- Hero Arts/ stencil-Stencil Girl (circle tile)/ Distress ink/ Memento bl

15 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Karen this is so cool!!!! So fun how you added the circles!!!!

Joyce said...

What a fun background you created. This is such a pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Unknown said...

Love the stencil, love the card, the colours are so fresh and clean. Karen x

Judith said...

great colours here! - I love the stencil design it's just so fresh and contemporary hugs judith x

Hannelie said...

Totally cool !

Jane said...

Great masculine card and clever choice of song title. Thanks for playing at The Male Room.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful and creative card! Thank you so much for joining us at TTCRD his week!
Kamila DT

Deepti said...

Fabulous! love the soothing blue :)

Shawna said...

Must have that stencil!! I love the card how creatively simple!!

CherylQuilts said...

What a great way to do the grid challenge, Karen! I love it, and the colors are beautiful together! I love it! Hugs!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card and I love the background you made.

Heather said...

Very cool technique. I really like the colours that you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Little Red Wagon this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Karen what gorgeous stenciling! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Monika Reeck said...

Karen your stencil is so great for your card
looks awesome with that colors too
which song title do you like for this card Karen...lovely card I like it...
my GDT card is Dont Worry Be Hippie
would be glad if you like to visiting me back Karen
Thanks for joining with us at TMR challenge this time
hugs, Monika (GDT at The Male Room)

Cindy Beach said...

Karen, this is amazing! Love the background you created. I never thought stencils could pop like this but you really added depth with the stamping.