Sunday 31 January 2016

From Within


Good Morning.
Meet my card of the day.  
I just love this sentiment from Daisy Bucket and wish the company was still around.  They had so many wonderful sentiments and sayings.
  (Sometimes you can still find them on Ebay.)

 I had the flower from my Stampin Up set called Blooming with Kindness out so thought I would play with it again using some Brushos.
I began by painting the Brushos onto my stamps.  I find it best to use the stamps in my MISTI. That way, I can paint, stamp and paint again if needed.  Also, by using my MISTI, I was able to create 2 panels that were the same as I had planned to add one on top of the other.
TIP:  when painting with the Brushos I use as little water as possible.  If too much
water is added, the paint solution gets too runny and the stamped image will blur.
So...less is more in this case.

 When the panels was dry, I mounted one to my card front and pop dotted the over directly over top.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment in the bottom corner.


Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers-'T' IS FOR TECHNIQUE

Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES

Simply Papercraft- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- SU, Daisy Bucket/ Brushos/ paint brush/ Memento bl ink/ pop dots/ MISTI

23 comments:

Marg said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for the tip re using brusho on a stamp.

Die Cut Lady said...

I love this technique. I have seen it done with squares or circles but this is really nice and easy. Pretty colors too.Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful result, I love how you stamp & paint your flowers.

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning results again, Karen! Jo x

Lin said...

Gorgeous blues, as always, Karen! Love the way you lifted the panel!

Becca Cruger said...

Ooooo the layers on this... so innovative and gorgeous! Just the prettiest card!

cotnob said...

This is a stunning card Karen, such beautiful blue flowers and fabulous sentiment.
Pauline
x

Donna Ellis said...

How gorgeous! I saw this on FB! Had to come over to let you know I am captivated by this beauty!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! wow, what an amazing card, the flowers are stunning, such a pop of beauty! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Donna Ellis said...

I'm back! LOL After browsing your blog, and enjoying your techniques, I'm now your newest bloglovin follower! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, love the flowers great job on the technique, great tip on it too. thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the T is for Technique challenge.

OH Babs said...

Karen once again thank you for sharing your technique - you have taught me many ideas.

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the layering on this, so pretty!

Donna said...

Lovely card Karen, love the layering! Thanks for joining the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS for "T is for Technique"

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Fab technique. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Brown Sugar Challenge. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
brownsugarchallenge.

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous stamping!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love the layered look of this. I had wondered if you used your MISTI for this. Folks are sure talking about that thing!

Karen said...

Beautiful Card, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge, Karen DT

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card Karen!

Bobby said...

That mum stamp is gorgeous, Karen. I didn't notice the double layer until you mentioned it. That really sets the card apart.

Lindsey said...

This is a gorgeous use of brushos! Beautiful card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW stunning card, Karen.

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Gorgeous card! Everyone keeps mentioning Brushos! Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!