Saturday 18 June 2016

Watercolored Poppies


 Meet today's card.
The poppies are blooming right now in my garden and they have inspired me to make a card.
I love the vibrant, happy look of these colours together and the majestic feel the poppies have.

I began by masking off my card front and then stamped the poppies from the Penny Black set called
 Pretty Petals.  It is a sweet little set with a variety of flowers in it.  I stamped it twice to fill in the bottom of my card front and extended the stems of the flowers using a black Sharpie marker.
I used my Brushos to watercolour the flowers, dotted the flower centers with a white Sharpie, then painted the background using Peacock Feathers Distress ink.   
I stamped the sentiment with black Memento ink and it is from the Words of Kindness set also by Penny Black.  Using my black Sharpie again, I doodled a border to pull it all together and added some black splatters for interest.



Adding my card to these challenges:

Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES

Crafty Catz- Going Dotty
(hope my dot splatters qualify for this)

Crafty Girls Creations- ANYTHING GOES

Crafting With Attitude- ANYTHING GOES


Have a great weekend and thanks.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Brushos/ paint brush/ Painter's tape for masking/ white, black Sharpie/ ink-Distress, Memento/ bl acrylic paint

19 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautifully coloured they look 3D, love the blue background against the red.
Faith
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are so beautiful and I bet the ones in your garden are too!

CherylQuilts said...

This is gorgeous, Karen, and I love the colors and your watercoloring! I never tire of poppies and really love the doodled borders you use! Beautifully done, as always, my friend! Big hugs, and enjoy the weekend! xoxo

Bobby said...

I love poppies too, Karen, and your field is gorgeous. I can't believe you did those small head with brushos. I call that controlled.

Craftychris said...

Love those gorgeous vibrant red poppies against the lovely blue background! xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Karen. I am having big trouble loading your page. It simply comes up as a blank blue page and a very small picture bar on the side. This is not happening with any other blogs. Have you changed your settings?

Aileen said...

Wonderful card, love those two colours together. Looks brilliant.

Joan said...

Beautiful card, love those poppies

Pam said...

Stunning card!

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous pops of color Karen!

Gabby said...

Nice card, Karen! Like the red poppies with the distress blue bkgrd. One of my favs of Tim's blues. :) Your doodling and spatters look great, too.

Loll said...

Gorgeous watercolouring Karen ... and gorgeous colours. The bright red and turquoise look AMAZING together. xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Karen thank you for joining us over on
Crafty Catz
Dianne xx
CC DT

Olga said...

Beautiful card! Love the striking flowers against the blue background.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Karen this is beautiful those Poppies really stand proud against that background, I love Poppies so this has brought me some extra special joy
hugs
lorraine x

Linby said...

I LOVE this - so vibrant.

Linby said...

I LOVE this - so vibrant.

Jodene said...

Absolutely stunning! I love those vivid red poppies on that beautiful blue background. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! I love these colors and the contrast between them. This is a keeper!