Sunday 31 July 2016

Blue Skies

Meet today's card.
I have been so super busy I haven't had time to make a card all week.  So finally today, I took a break from housework and sat down to create as I was so inspired by this card from Splitcoast Stampers.
 
The stamp I am using is a fun one from Technique Junkies.  I think it is supposed to be a New York city scene but I think it could be from any big city.
I got out my MISTI and placed my stamp inside.  I inked it up with Antique Linen Distress ink and stamped.  I then moved the stamp a bit down and to the right, inked it with Salty Ocean Distress ink and stamped again.  Finally, I adjusted the stamp again and stamped using black Memento ink.
Using a brush and some water, I blurred out the background by blending the colors together to add interest and depth to the background.


 Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says:  ANYTHING GOES

CASology- JOURNEY


Crafting With Friends- ANYTHING GOES

Simply Papercraft- ANYTHING GOES


 Thanks so very much for coming by for a visit.

Supplies:  stamp- Technique Junkies/ inks- Distress, Memento/ paint brush/ MISTI

22 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

This looks like an awesome technique and I pinned it for the future! Love that stamp and everything you have done with it so far!

Judy1223 said...

Karen, that is an amazing technique! I am definitely going to have to try that! Cool image...definitely a busy city, a cool place to journey! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Lin said...

This is a bit different, Karen, for you - I love the effect!

Tanja said...

love the technique - the project looks awesome - thanks for sharing your creation at Addicted to Stamps and More

Gabi MeWi said...

Cool card - love that effect.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your city scape. It is a really neat card design.

Diane Jaquay said...

So darn COOL!!!

nancy littrell said...

Wow...cool technique Karen. I love the soft dimensional effect. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy
I just looked up at other comments....we all agreed..Cool!

Jen W. said...

That technique is so cool, Karen - this looks awesome! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Carolyn L said...

Fabulous card and technique! Would love to know what paper you used to achieve that look.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow stunning creation Karen
hugs
lorraine x

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Karen.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this technique is fabulous especially with this cityscape! Beautiful colors too! Love it, sweet friend! Glad you took a break from housework! Hugs! xoxo

Nstiz said...

WOW! What an awesome technique and the results are just amazing! I've wanted a cityscape stamp for so long and this one will push me into a shopping binge! This is fabulous, Karen!

Lisa Lara said...

So amazing Karen!

Barb said...

A beautiful card and a great technique. I've just got a Misti so must try this. Thanks for sharing. Barbxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I adore this stamp and love what you've done here. You really captured that repeating feel but it doesn't feel like the same stamp over and over. It feels like an even bigger city.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

STUNNING!
Faith
x

Teresa Kline said...

hello karen! wow, this is gorgeous..luv this! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Creative world said...

Love your card, its really artisty and love the blur effect , thank you for joining us at ATSM... hugs Zeljka

Daria said...

Another beautiful card! I love cityscapes, and I love the way you triple-stamped this one and watercolored it. Thank you for explaining how you made this.

Daria said...

Another beautiful card! I love cityscapes, and I love the way you triple-stamped this one and watercolored it. Thank you for explaining how you made this.