Thursday 20 April 2017

Earth Day Colours

Good Morning.

Today's card celebrates 'Earth Day' which is coming up on Saturday and the wonderful colours associated with it.
I am also trying to work with different colour combos to see what I can come up with.

The stamps I am using today are new releases from Penny Black and the flowers are just another example of the wonderful Brushstroke series of stamps that are so easy to work with and give great results.
I began by masking the edges of my card with painter's tape.  Don't forget to remove some of the tack of the tape so it won't tear your paper when you remove it. 
I placed my heavy weight cardstock into my Misti then inked the PB Magnolia Rhapsody flower by colouring it with Tombow markers.  I sprayed with waterm then pressed onto my paper.
I repeated that process using darker shades of the earth tone colours then used a wet paintbrush to blend the colours together.
I inked the sentiment from the Happy Wishes sentiment set with black Memento ink and clear heat embossed it.  I sponged the edges using Rusty Hinge Distress ink then removed the masking tape.
Finally to add extra interest, I splattered the background using some more diluted Distress ink.




Adding my card to these challenges:

CASology- GROW

Simon Says Wed.- SHOWER OR FLOWERS

Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING GOES STAMPING

Watercooler Wed.- CAS SPRING THEME


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Magnolia Rhapsody, Happy Wishes (Penny Black)
Paper- 120lb white (bulk from local store)
Ink- Memento black, Distress (TH), Tombow markers
Accessories and Tools- Misti, paintbrush, clear eb powder, heat tool, painter's tape

24 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Karen,
A huge congrats on 400 followers, well done on cracking the 400!! It's harder the more you have. 😉
This stamp is on my wish list but not sure I can justify it yet. I'm so sad each time PB bring out new ones, I want them all!!! 😝 Especially when folk like you and Heather Telford showcase them so nicely..
Bad me!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Bobby said...

Whether blue or earth tones, your use of the PB brushstroke stamps is incredible, Karen.

Susan said...

Beautiful blend of colours, Karen! Perfect for Earth Day, as is the image and sentiment.

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh I love the colors you chose for this one! Truly amazing! Hugs, Autumn

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous earthtone watercolor stamping, Karen. I love your sentiment and splatters too. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous in every way. What fantastic colors and I love the sentiment on it.

Loll said...

WOW ... you always work wonders with the PB stamps. The colours are incredible. Happy Earth Day, my friend!! xx

Heidi Weaver said...

Karen your card is perfect for both Earth Day and Spring. Love those wonderful blossoms and the colours you've chosen to use. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very earthy colors indeed. You have some fun with these watercolor/brush stroke stamps. I even pulled out some old ones I had and played with them. Mine are far more cutesy than artsy though. I'll show it off once I know it has been received.

Ina G said...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeutiful card Karen. Lovely earthy colour choice. Stunning stamp and of course you have done it justice in a big way. Love it!

Pat said...

These strong colours work beautifully with this PB stamp Karen and you always get a fantastic finish with the Tombow markers and just the right amount of water to move the ink around without muddying the colours. I love that little bit of colour in the background too. x

Charlene said...

beautiful and thanks for the "how to's"

Gabi MeWi said...

Your card feeds my soul...

Hannelie said...

So amazingly beautiful!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks for the reminder about earth day. I love your choice of these bold colours and of course this gorgeous Penny Black stamp. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for walking us how you created it and thanks for joining us for our Spring Theme CAS card at the Watercooler Wednesday WWC115 challenge this week.

Bonnie said...

I love these colors, Karen! The sponged background is perfect with the gorgeous flowers! Love that sentiment too!

Joyce said...

Your card is so pretty. I love the bold colors. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Nora Noll said...

What a lovely card!! Love the colors you used on this!!

Heather Hopson said...

What gorgeous colors on your card. You have created a beautiful card for both Earth Day and a Spring Theme! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us on Watercooler Wednesday.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Wonderful rich colours. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.

libbystamps said...

LOVE this card! Great use of the challenge! Thank you for joining us for Gail's Spring Themed Clean & Simple Challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Karen!! Such a pretty card. I love your watercolor flowers. Nicely done. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous colorful card!
Thank you for playing along with us at TIMI challenge....
xx Ellie Knol xx

Sarn said...

Simply gorgeous xxx