Tuesday 19 December 2017

Non-Traditional Christmas

Meet today's card.
Playing around with inking an embossing folder again to create a quick and easy card.
You can see some of the other cards I made using this technique here and here.

I just love the look of this EB folder from Carabelle and decided to make a card using it.
I inked the inside of the folder with Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink, sprayed with water and pressed onto my paper.  Be sure and let the inks dry or use you heat tool as they take a bit longer to dry and will smear.
When dry, I placed the piece inside my Misti and stamped the sentiment with black ink.
Next I punched out a circle then stamped the snowflake onto it using the same DOX ink.
I added a Nuvo drop to the center of the snowflake then pop dot mounted it to the side of my card front.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges- FAVORITE SKETCH (373)
Time Out- INSPIRATION HOME SWEET HOME
Dragonfly Dreams- Non-Traditional


Supplies
Stamps- Snowflakes (Recollections); Joyful Greetings (Paper Smooches)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Candied Apple DOX (TH)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; Autumn Red Nuvo drops; pop dots; EB folder-Texte Grunge (Carabelle);
Mister (TH)

14 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Wow Karen how fabulous, wonderful colours and design, not your usual blue, brilliantly design, Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design.

Pat said...

You're on a roll with this background technique Karen and the results are very bright nd pretty and I love the contrast between the red and white and then black for the sentiment. x

Dortesjs said...

wow all red this is very pretty YES ;O))

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I really like this especially the red. Great design.
Faith
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Fun card! I've forgotten the ink the folder technique and the surprising results you can get from it. I checked out your other cards too.

Susan said...

Wonderful vibrant colour! And a great design.

nancy littrell said...

Loving all your eb folder stamped backgrounds for your beautiful and creative Christmas card, Karen. I hope to play with your technique after the holidays. TFS and always inspiring me my friend. Hugs and Happy Holidays.

~Tammy~ said...

What a great design and I love the non-traditional modern flair to this.

Anita in France said...

Funky, graphic and so vibrant, Karen ... such fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

sandie said...

I love the contrast here. Adore when I see contrast like this especially the mix of gunge and pretty-so pleased you joined us at Time Out and a Merry Christmas Karen x

Bonnie said...

Different but lots of fun! Love all that red!

Cara said...

I love this technique, so effective on your cool card x

Viv said...

Wow more fabulous inking and stamping from you again Karen! so gorgeous too.Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas also ;)hugs Viv xx